Makes one 16″ pizza. Serves 4-8.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 – 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning (low sodium)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 – 16 inch pizza crust
- 1 – 16 oz can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
Topping (optional but recommended)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1-2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 450º.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While you’re cooking the ground beef, press the pizza crust onto a 16 inch pizza pan.
- Bake the crust by itself for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and then spread the beans onto the pizza crust.
- Next add the ground beef mixture and then the cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the pizza with other toppings and serve.