- 2 bunches Kale, Picked Over, Cleaned, And Torn Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 12 whole Red Potatoes, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1-1/2 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (more To Taste)
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 4 cups Half-and-half
- Splash Of Heavy Cream
- Fresh Or Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Prepare the kale and set it aside.
- In a medium pot. boil sliced potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage. Drain as much as the fat as you can. Stir in the red pepper flakes, oregano, chicken broth, milk, and half-and-half. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Give it a taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add the potatoes, a splash of heavy cream for richness, then stir in the kale. Simmer an additional 10-15 minutes, then serve.
This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook