Makes 4 servings
- 1-1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage ( A Little More Is Fine!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 8 slices Mozzarella Or Provolone Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
- 8 Tablespoons Jarred Marinara Sauce, Plus A Little More
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 whole Kaiser Rolls Or Good Hamburger Buns
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Sliced Thick
- Sliced Black Olives
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Combine ground beef, Italian sausage, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Knead it together and form it into four large/thick patties. Fry the burgers on one side for several minutes, then turn the burgers. Lay 2 slices of cheese on each patty, followed by several slices of pepperoni. Add a couple of thin slices of red onion, a slice of green bell pepper, a pile of black olives, and a pile of mushrooms. Spoon a little more marinara sauce on top, the lay another slice of cheese on top of all the fillings. Place the lid on the skillet and allow burger to cook all the way through while the cheese melts and the pepperoni warms.
- Split the rolls and toast them in butter in a skillet until nice and golden and crisp. Spread both halves with marinara sauce and sprinkle the sauce with Parmesan.
- Lay the patties on the bottom buns, then top with the top buns. Serve immediately; hearty appetites are recommended!
This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook