Makes 4 Burgers
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 8 whole Canned Pineapple Rings
- 1 whole Large Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Cut Into Rings
- 1-1/2 pound Ground Beef
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Teriyaki Sauce, As Needed
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 whole Onion Rolls
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- Green Lettuce Leaves
- To make the sauce, stir together the mayo, teriyaki sauce, honey, and cayenne. Set aside.
- Grill the pineapple and bell pepper rings over medium-high heat until they have great grill marks. (You can also just brown them in a hot skillet.)
- Season the ground beef and form it into 4 equal sized patties. Cook them over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side, then flip them over and add a splash of teriyaki sauce on top of each one. Place a slice of cheese on each patty and let it melt while the burger cooks through, about 4 minutes longer.
- Butter a griddle or separate skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon a little bit of the sauce on both sides and allow it to soak into the bread. Place the patties on the bottom buns and top each one with two pineapple slices, red onion slices, grilled bell pepper, and lettuce. Top with the top bun and smush it all together. Serve with extra sauce for dipping!
This recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook